[LUAU] Ubuntu and updates

Jeff Mings jeffm at lava.net
Wed Sep 5 13:25:55 PDT 2012

Ubuntu/HP?  You mean an HP product with Ubuntu?  Which Ubuntu version
number and desktop would that be?

I'm guessing that Synaptic, the GUI DEB package manager, disappeared.
If all else fails, aptitude is the best console / terminal-based package
manager I've seen.  You can do _everything_ from that, with a
menu-driven interface that doesn't take a lot of time to get used to.  I
really wish the  RPM/YUM package family under Redhat / CentOS had
something as excellent as aptitude.

Good Luck,
-Jeff