[LUAU] Hello - My Name is Scott

Peter Besenbruch prb at lava.net
Wed Mar 26 22:53:55 PDT 2008

On Wednesday 26 March 2008 18:57:07 Dave Burns wrote:
> This answer is pretty vague. Vince and I have both asked similar
> questions on the list, which were also dismissed.

Such questions get answered when an organization wants to work together. The
level of conflict I have seen here means there will be no concrete movement
as long as the players are in place and fighting.

I have been to a couple of meetings with Scott, and he was clearly the leader
of the meeting. No-one else from the board was there.

In the long run, no organization will survive when the most active member
fights the board. Legally, the board calls the shots, and it may be a good
thing for Scott to form a separate organization of like minded people, rather
than get into an escalating conflict. Whether there will be anything left of
HOSEF, if Scott leaves is another issue.

--
Hawaiian Astronomical Society: http://www.hawastsoc.org
HAS Deepsky Atlas: http://www.hawastsoc.org/deepsky