[LUAU] Hello - My Name is Scott

Dave Burns tburns at hawaii.edu
Wed Mar 26 21:57:07 PDT 2008

>  > what is the "right" alternative you propose instead?
>
>  A fundamental refocusing of HOSEF away from eWaste and back to
>  advocacy and education about Free and Open Source.

This answer is pretty vague. Vince and I have both asked similar
questions on the list, which were also dismissed.

HOSEF has just lost a leader, and the board has declared that its
direction will change in important ways. There are accusations flying
back and forth. These are blows to the morale of a volunteer-based
organization. I would have expected the board members to articulate
clearly what sort of changes they plan to make and to try to keep the
volunteers up to date and on board. I've seen some energy pointed at
griping about the past, not so much aimed at the future. Does the
board have any example of a specific goal or project that they'd like
to see happen? I do not know anything about their plans, except that
Scott and e-waste will not be involved.

Dave