[LUAU] Wine 1.0 can be amazing

Jeff Mings jeffm at lava.net
Fri Jul 4 14:21:39 PDT 2008

Hello All!

    I used Wine 7 or 8 years ago to run a minor business app that was
the one thing my workstation running Linux couldn't do.  Wine was very
limited, and just didn't play well with very many Windoze apps.

    I recently experimented with Wine 1.0 under Ubuntu 8.04.  I was
utterly amazed at running World of Warcraft perfectly and at a stunning
speed under an older P4 with a mediocre AGP card.  Everything works.
Even the sound is flawless.  There are quite a few other apps listed in
the Wine DB.  It's really come a long way.

Aloha,

-Jeff Mings