[LUAU] Wine 1.0 can be amazing

Peter Besenbruch prb at lava.net
Fri Jul 4 14:29:33 PDT 2008

>     I recently experimented with Wine 1.0 under Ubuntu 8.04.  I was
> utterly amazed at running World of Warcraft perfectly and at a stunning
> speed under an older P4 with a mediocre AGP card.  Everything works.
> Even the sound is flawless.  There are quite a few other apps listed in
> the Wine DB.  It's really come a long way.

I'm still waiting for it to run Word Perfect 10, or Microsoft Publisher 98. It
tends to work on graphics programs, and rather imperfectly on a Windows 3 era
dictionary. I still run the dictionary, because it's good, and I put up with
the display imperfections.

--
Hawaiian Astronomical Society: http://www.hawastsoc.org
HAS Deepsky Atlas: http://www.hawastsoc.org/deepsky