[LUAU] Something Linux Related

Peter Besenbruch prb at lava.net
Fri Jul 4 16:57:33 PDT 2008

> So not with KDE4 they've 'cleaned it up' so a lot of the reasons I used it
> in the first place are gone.  They've taken out all the 'Advanced'
> features.  I may as well be using Gnome-Terminal.

KDE4 has gotten a little more "Gnomish," and that's not a good thing. I'm
hoping much of that configurability comes back.

> Anyone know if I can easily run KDE3's Konsole on a KDE4 based distro?

You should be able to run KDE3 and 4 on the same machine. One of the reasons
Suse's version of KDE4 is so good is that it incorporates elements of KDE3.

I read in the Debian newsletter that Lenny, the upcoming release will not
include KDE4. I think that's a good thing. In preparation for the changeover,
I have been changing my APT sources to reference Lenny, rather than Testing.
KDE 3.5.9 is a really good desktop environment, and I think I want to stick
with it for a while yet.

--
Hawaiian Astronomical Society: http://www.hawastsoc.org
HAS Deepsky Atlas: http://www.hawastsoc.org/deepsky