[LUAU] Who's building system units?

Karen Lofstrom klofstrom at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 12:12:13 PDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 9:04 AM, Jeff Mings <jeffm at lava.net> wrote:

> I've been buying dirt-cheap Dell boxes for my windows-using clients for a long time; they work well, driver and tracking support on the Dell site is good, and their reliability record has been excellent.

Yabbut ... Dell doesn't use standard parts. They use their own
proprietary parts which cost the earth to replace. I discovered this
when an acquaintance asked me to replace the power supply in his Dell.
Only a proprietary component would work, and it had to be ordered from
Dell at an insane markup over off-the-shelf power supplies.

I would never buy a Dell.

--
Karen Lofstrom