[LUAU] headless fedora

Tom Gordon memeyou at memeyou.net
Sun Oct 21 21:31:39 PDT 2007

I am a little unclear now - what isn't working?

You can not worry about disabling gdm.  Disabling the display manager has
nothing to do with headless operation.  If your default runlevel is 3,
prefdm (and thus gdm) this will not be run.  There is no need to comment the
line out from inittab.

It's not an especially responsible to rely totally on sshd on a headless
server - should the network be down, fail, or you screw it up.  For example,
the serial console doesn't care if you flush iptables and forget to change
the default rule to allow.  I personally preffer KVMs.  If you must use only
sshd, be sure to make sure it and your network settings are set before going
headless.