[LUAU] Re: [buug] nano help!!!!

Peter Besenbruch prb at lava.net
Tue Oct 16 13:01:49 PDT 2007

> goku ball z wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I have this problem.  I am running suse linux 10.0 Enterprise. I was
>> able to install nano-2.0.6 and as root I am able to use it.
>>
>> This is where my problem starts. When I exit root and try to use nano,
>> I get this error message.
>>
>> nano: Command not found.
>> but when I type /usr/local/bin/./nano  I am able to use it.
>>
>> and since I am using tcsh shell I made a file called .cshrc and added
>> the following:
>>
>> setenv EDITOR/usr/local/bin/./nano  ( which didn't work )
>> then I tried this also
>> setenv EDITOR/usr/local/bin/nano  (which also didn't work)
>>
>> can someone out there help this hawaii newbie?!
>>
>> thanks and aloha from hawaii

What about putting a link in /usr/bin to your Nano executable? I don't
run Suse, but that's what Debian does. It's odd that they would put Nano
in /usr/local/bin, as that usually isn't in the path. Try "man ln".
Frankly, I find it easier to do links with Midnight Commander, sometimes
called "mc."

NetOpsCenter wrote:

> Aloha!
>
> I run FreeBSD here in Hawaii,  but I added the LUAU list to this email.
> Plenty local Linux users on it could maybe help you.

Whatever works.
--
Hawaiian Astronomical Society: http://www.hawastsoc.org
HAS Deepsky Atlas: http://www.hawastsoc.org/deepsky