[LUAU] Ways to Learn and to Help

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Fri Nov 16 21:12:18 PST 2007

Aloha

Saturday, November 16 we will be providing you the opportunity to learn
and to help at two times and places.  Conveniently, they are both on the
same map

http://tinyurl.com/33lzkw

10:00 - 2:00
Ewa Beach Community Park
North Road

We have a donated wireless network (AP from JT and Netgate), 15 station
thin-client computer lab, and more here.  It is time for a tune-up.  If
you want to see how we set up a park with Free Software and eWaste, this
is a good time to stop by.  We will be completing several tasks(1)
during this time.

2:15 - 5:00
Boys and Girls Club
Ft. Weaver at Aikanaka

Here there are 2 staff members with donated computers from us, and there
are 4 computers in the computer lab.  All run edubuntu.  We also store
some computers here in anticipation of future computer guts classes.
We'll be talking story and doing some chores(2) today.

It never hurts to chip in in other ways, too.  You'll notice that we
have a chip-in campaign underway, and it never hurts to stop by
hosef.org and help how you can.

--scott

(1) Tasks at the park include:

Upgrading the LTSP server to Edubuntu.
Checking cables for integrity.
Replacing some NIC's with PXE cards.
Installing a new firewall/filter.
Serial connection to our WAP for an update.

(2) Clubhouse tasks include:

Determining if remaining closet computers boot, or not.
Installing firewall/filter with GUI.
Updating staff computers to Edubuntu 7.10.
Completing debian netinstall for file/drbl server.
Possibly exploring our warehouse for some more fun.

If you have tools, supplies, or something that you think will help -
bring it.