[LUAU] OO/Rails Developer

Kevin English kenglish_hi at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 13 18:54:51 PST 2007

Aloha Luau,

Camber Corporation, Asia Pacific Office, is hiring a Senior Web Application Engineer. This person will join a fast moving and energetic team responsible for designing, developing, and delivering numerous web applications. The ideal candidate must be energetic, a creative problem solver, contribute to team discussions and dynamics, and most importantly love what they do. The candidate must have extensive experience with HTTP, MVC, object oriented programming, unit testing, software patterns, relational databases and SQL, XML, XHTML, CSS.

Candidate will not only code and test systems, but help to direct team and peers towards simple, performant, and usable systems. Deep understanding of Ruby on Rails, or the drive to become a Rails expert, is a must. The candidate must have developed and delivered multiple web applications. Experience with Linux, Java, and Apache is a big plus.

We are an open team, where everyone contributes. We conduct code reviews and use subversion, Jira, and Confluence to share ideas and teach each other. Contributing to an open source project is a big plus. We're looking for highly motivated, intelligent people who want to work with a smart and challenging team. We're also looking for someone who can challenge us and who will integrate fresh ideas from their experience. Leadership and mentoring skills are very important.

Camber Corporation is an employee owned company with offices around the world. Salary is very competitive, and Camber offers a full range of benefits. Camber is an equal opportunity employer.

 Please send cover letter and resume to Leihua Carroll at lcarroll at camber.com