[LUAU] help on port 25

goku ball z goku3g at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 9 15:29:10 PST 2007

hum... interesting... by the way I am using postfix...
  thanks I will look into it...

Clifton Royston <cliftonr at iandicomputing.com> wrote:
  On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 12:27:12AM -0800, goku ball z wrote:
> hay guys..... I have a funny problem and I just can't figure out.
> I just installed open suse 10.2
> here is my problem on the suse box to test to see if port 25 is working i did the following
>
> telnet localhost 25 and it worked BUT..... when I did the following
>
> telnet domain.com 25 I got connection refused.
>
> I check the services, dns and everything I can think of.... can someone point me in the right direction?

This is a simple one:

domain.com has to resolve to a public address. Your MTA, whatever it
is, is set up for safety reasons to bind only to the localhost IP
address, and not to bind to the public IP addresses. Go look at the
configuration files for the MTA and figure out what it needs to bind to
the public IP address.

-- Clifton

Clifton Royston -- cliftonr at iandicomputing.com / cliftonr at lava.net
President - I and I Computing * http://www.iandicomputing.com/
Custom programming, network design, systems and network consulting services