[LUAU] Re: Ethics & IMAP

Angela Kahealani angela at kahealani.com
Fri Jun 29 08:14:54 PDT 2007

On Thursday, 2007-06-28 22:28:04 Jim Thompson wrote:
> Angela Kahealani wrote:
> > There are issues of ethics and privacy
> > you presume I ignore.
>
> eh?

You have eyeballs.
Your neighbors have windows.
Do you ignore their privacy rights and go
peeping into their windows to see what they're doing
in the privacy of their own home?
(legally: invasion of privacy)
Most people don't expect psychic phenomena.
Most people consider it an invasion of privacy
to be scanned by a psychic without their permission.
(ethically: invasion of privacy)
At the next higher level of ethics,
the use of psychic techniques is to serve
only the healing and enlightenment of souls / spirits,
not any worldly / ego interests.
Therefore, some author's presumption,
in their wisecracking about what I did (not)
or should have (not) seen / known about events
discussed in this forum, is erroneous,
for having the ability to read things in the spirit
realm, does not mean that I do so 24/7 with everything
I pay attention to, as to do so is inappropriate.
Further, many of man's creations are un-spiritual,
and therfor it is inappropriate to read them,
as doing so serves no healing nor enlightenment.
The entire internet, and all electronic products,
the appropriate on-topic subjects of discussion
in this forum, are soulless: pure mental creations;
nothing there to read spiritually.

> >> Which is just too close to [...] "Henry V":
> >> Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars
> >> And say "These wounds I had on Crispin's day." -- Jim
> >
> > "TOPS-20: a great improvement over its successors"
> >  -- Mark Crispin (developer of IMAP) http://www.panda.com/
>
> You forgot to mention that it was developed (first) in Lisp...
>
> Or that it would have never happened if Crispin had "been aware" of
> POP.

He said that? IMAP does things POP can't do. You sure?

--
All rights reserve without prejudice, & Copyright 2007 Angela Kahealani.
All information and transactions are private between the parties and are