[LUAU] Re: Bling

Jim Thompson jim at netgate.com
Fri Jun 29 01:28:04 PDT 2007

Angela Kahealani wrote:
> On Thursday, 2007-06-28 16:41:48 Jim Thompson wrote:
>> Maybe, but s/he didn't predict Steve-o giving all the Apple Employees
>> a free 8GB iPhone by the end of July.
>
> I wasn't clocked-in.
> Do you do whatever you do professionally 24/7?

As I no longer have any interest in being "a professional", yes.

> or do you have other skills and interests also?

No, as anyone on Oahu can attest, I'm one-dimmensional.

> There are issues of ethics and privacy
> you presume I ignore.

eh?

>> Also said (during the company-wide Steve-note):
>>
>> "Apple employees will be able to tell their grandkids that they were
>> at Apple when they launched the iPhone, and that it was all worth the
>> sacrifice."
>
> ...as I said: "reality distortion field".

You're not the first to apply RDF to Jobs.

>> Which is just too close to [...] "Henry V":
>> Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars
>> And say "These wounds I had on Crispin's day." -- Jim
>
> "TOPS-20: a great improvement over its successors"
>  -- Mark Crispin (developer of IMAP) http://www.panda.com/

You forgot to mention that it was developed (first) in Lisp...

Or that it would have never happened if Crispin had "been aware" of POP.

Jim