[LUAU] From the Star Bulletin

Jim Thompson jim at netgate.com
Fri Feb 2 04:49:51 PST 2007

On Feb 2, 2007, at 12:04 AM, R. Scott Belford wrote:
> One of the assurance we gave the C&C was that the bad sites would
> be blocked.  We are not in a position to be cavalier about this.
> Members of our neighborhood board have pressed me on the issue.
> DansGuardian and Squidguard are taking care of it through
> transparent proxying.  The K12LTSP makes this very easy.  Tim
> Newsham has offered to help keep an eye on things.

When Scott says "we" here, he doesn't include >me<.

Note that:

1) I don't believe in filtering, as filtering makes *you* (the
filterer) responsible for any/all content that gets through.
2) since no filtering is perfect, you will get sued.
3) I don't like censorship of any kind.
4) I had *nothing* to do with setting this part up, or maintaining
it.  Nor will I in the future.
5) You can't build community without privacy.