[LUAU] Setup Hawaiian TelCom DSL modem from Linux

HawaiiDakine.com webmaster at hawaiidakine.com
Sat Oct 28 19:23:59 PDT 2006

Jimen Ching wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm about to change my ISP from Oceanic to Hawaiian TelCom.  I received
> the modem and am waiting for them to enable the DSL line.  The modem
> came with a CD for Windows, with some mpg and Firefox/IE installer.
> There's no directions on what to do.  I assume the autorun.exe on the CD
> will provide directions.
>
> Anyone know if I can configure the modem under Linux?  Has anyone gone
> through the setup procedure and can give me a description of what happens?
>
> Thanks...
>
> --jc
###########

Aloha JC,

I have 2 telcom lines running with freeBSD an an ATM 5 IP circuit and a
freesco firewall router on a 1.5 gig line. I never used the disk that
came with the modems. Plug your box or router in and configure your box
to send out to whatever the IP is.

I only have dedicated IP addresses so I cant help you if you dont have
that type.

Al Plant - Honolulu, Hawaii

  -- Webmaster- http://hawaiidakine.com ~ Admin- http://freebsdinfo.org ~
- noc at hdk5.net  - Supporting Open Source Computing - FreeBSD 6.* - 7.*
"All that's really worth doing is what we do for others."- Lewis Carroll