[LUAU] Setup Hawaiian TelCom DSL modem from Linux

Julian Yap julian_yap at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 28 19:33:18 PDT 2006

I'm not sure if the CD for HawTel requires you to actually
install anything to get authenticated.  It shouldn't as that
would be one support headache.  Should just work for all OS's.

Setting the the modem to bridged mode might help.

Problem is, they send them out configured with DHCP on.

These days I think you'll get a Westell 2200 or a 6100.

Here are links to turn off DHCP:

http://lava.net/support/Westell_6100_DSL_Modem_Installation_Guide
http://lava.net/support/Westell_2200_DSL_Modem_Installation_Guide

~ Julian