[LUAU] OpenSource Pizza tonight at UH Manoa

Hawaii Linux Institute wp at hawaiilinux.us
Tue Oct 17 11:28:27 PDT 2006

Ron Fox wrote:
> I've only had one response to our "Call for Panelists", namely from Wayne
> (Linux Institute).  If anyone else is interested in joining the panel,
> please let me know today via email at rfox at aloha.com or call me at
> 589-5172.  If my voicemail answers, please leave a message.
>
> Info about parking, etc is at
> http://lists.hosef.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pizza-announce
>
> You can also sign-up for the Pizza-Announce mailing list at the above URL.
> This will be the primary notification mechanism for Cyber, Electronic and
> OpenSource Pizza events in the near future.
>
> Regards,
> Ron Fox

The following is what I posted but was bounced by HOSEF:

"I will try to make it, & if I do, I will bring a Solaris 11 (beta)
laptop in case anyone may be interested in seeing how far along the
Solaris desktop has progressed vis-a-vis Linux desktops, and perhaps
giving me inputs as to what you would like to see in the future."

I apologize that I will not be able to make to tonight's meeting.  But I
want to mention that recently I agreed to co-lead OpenSolaris'
traditional Chinese locale usergroup, based in Beijing.   Of course, for
any locale to work right, the American locale (en_US.UTF-8) must, a
priori, work at an acceptable level (or at least we like to think that
way).  Thus, if anyone is interested in Solaris desktops (including
compiling packages), and/or CJK locale in general (Solaris or Linux),
please contact me off-line.  Thanks.  Wayne