[LUAU] more participation

Jim Thompson jim at netgate.com
Fri Mar 24 19:03:53 PST 2006

On Mar 24, 2006, at 3:58 PM, Hawaii Linux Institute wrote:

> Jim Thompson wrote:
>>
>> "Mighty Blue" got knocked down via their Consent Decree,
> "Consent Decree"?  What consent decree?  (I think you have mixed up
> the IBM case with AT&T, Jim.)   In the antitrust case against IBM,
> DOJ was clobbered by David Boies, the lead attorney for IBM--the
> gov dropped the case b/c Boies showed them that this case should
> never have been filed in the first place.

This consent decree: http://www.usdoj.gov/atr/cases/f1200/1273.htm

David Boies wasn't even praticing law in 1956, as he was only 15
years old.

The consent decree was lifted in 1996 after 40 years.   http://
www.cptech.org/at/ibm/ibm1956cd.html

It took Boies 13 years to get the DoJ to drop the 1969 anti-trust
lawsuit.  (And even then, IBM continued to have to operate under the
1956 CD.)

> I am curious whether it would be possible to run MythTV on PS3.  Wayne

Why wouldn't it be?  Its just software.

You could probably run the MPEG decryption in software.

Jim