[LUAU] Ubuntu... Legalities

Tim Newsham newsham at lava.net
Wed Jun 7 09:37:10 PDT 2006

> Compared to the rest of you, my knowledge of such things is very limited, so
> this may be an embarrassing question. Are there any city or state governments
> trying to do this as a service for their citizens? If so, have any of them
> been successful? Will the Net eventually evolve into something like roads and
> sidewalks?

Not embarrassing.  Remember: there are no stupid questions, just stupid
people..

The city of Philadelphia is trying to roll out free wifi.  Google wants to
roll out free (ad supported) wifi in SF.  There are various community
efforts in many cities to offer free wireless hotspots.  There are
probably more efforts that I'm unaware of.

> --Peter

Tim Newsham
http://www.lava.net/~newsham/