[LUAU] Ubuntu... Legalities

Nakashima pnakashi at k12.hi.us
Tue Jun 6 23:51:17 PDT 2006

On Tuesday, June 6, 2006, at 07:43  PM, Maddog wrote:

>> And it will change.   I've been doing hotel WiFi in various guises
>> since 1998.   Wayport had over 1,000 hotels when I left.   It will
>> change in Hawaii slower than elsewhere because there is no business
>> requirement driving the hotels here.  Hawaii is a resort
>> destination.  People come here to play.  That said, even Disney's
>> hotels are going free wireless.
>
> Good point.
>
> I would love to see it change here I just don't see the hotels driving
> it. They are too bent on making a dollar off of it. Maybe that's why
> we are the priciest resort destination. Anyway, change will be slower
> than you or I ever imagined here IMHO. I'd love to see a free model
> that could make it here, I guess I am just too skeptical or cynical or
> something like that. Besides even if the hotels come around, you have
> the politicians to deal with!
>
> MD

Compared to the rest of you, my knowledge of such things is very
limited, so this may be an embarrassing question. Are there any city or
state governments trying to do this as a service for their citizens? If
so, have any of them been successful? Will the Net eventually evolve
into something like roads and sidewalks?
--Peter