[LUAU] Ubuntu... Legalities

Maddog maddog at heavymetalradio.net
Tue Jun 6 18:07:38 PDT 2006

I'm not talking about putting a Linksys et. al, AP in you hotel hallway, I
am talking about a commercial Wi-Fi deployment. You are not going to deploy
that crappy equipment in Waikiki and expect not to be over run by the guys
already there using much more powerful equipment.

C'mon Jim. We are going to be on opposite sides of this discussion forever
so let's just agree to disagree. As long as you have hardheaded, old boys
running the hotels there is no way you are going to have free wireless in
Waikiki. I have been here for 15 years and nothing has changed that would
make hotel execs see the light. If something is sold on your wireless AP
they want a cut. As recently as last week Friday that was the case.

If you don't believe me talk to Gordon Bruce. He'll tell you of the
countless headaches and bickering he has endured from all the players about
how they are going to get their cut of the rev-share pie. It is just not
realistic to think it will ever happen here.

I am right in the middle of it. Bandwidth charges and Wi-Fi. I know all
about it.

MD