[LUAU] Myth TV Thanks!

Jimen Ching jching at flex.com
Sun Feb 26 21:17:32 PST 2006

Did LUAU get rolled into HOSEF?  After the original owner of LUAU left,
LUAU has always been a mailing list.

>> Here is a summary of what people were talking about.
>>
>> Before HOSEF was created, before Luau, there was MPLUG.  Mid-Pacific Linux
>> Users Group.  MPLUG was started by Warren Togumi before he went on to bigger
>> and better things.  It was a bunch of Linux enthusiasts that would get
>> together once a month can talk shop, learn from each other, and build cool
>> stuff.
>>
>> You should come next build, you can ask the 'old-timers' - people over 30
>> about the good old days.

I guess you're not over 30 then, cause I don't remember this time line.
;-)

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006, Al Plant wrote:
>I believe LUAU was created way back before I started to go there to the
>meetings in the 1990's when it was held at the UH Innovation Center.
>Gary Sublett got me interested, but he has since moved back to Kentucky.

I remember this name, but if the meetings were held at the Innovation
Center, then that's not the start of it.

I remember the mailing list when even I was at UH, and I graduated in '95.
Back then, the meetings were held at the user group leaders garage in
Kaneohe or somewhere.  I didn't have a car back then, so I never made the
meetings.  But the LUAU mailing list was there throughout it all.

Scott was able to dig up the old archives and put it online.  It only goes
back as far as 1998.  The list goes back prior to '95, so there are more
history.  But if my memory serves, there wasn't much activity in the early
days.

Matt, Julian, if you want to know about MPLUG and LUAU, search the
archives.  The MPLUG saga was a relatively recent event.

--jc
Jimen Ching (WH6BRR)      jching at flex.com     wh6brr at uhm.ampr.org