[LUAU] on Linux training

Vince Hoang vince at litrium.com
Thu Feb 2 09:35:05 PST 2006

On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 07:59:48PM -1000, Julian Yap wrote:
> What represents the future?  Education and let's use the example of
> certifications.  A few years ago, there weren't _any Linux
> certifications.  Now you have CertCities.com calling the Red Hat
> Certified Engineer the Hottest Certification for 2006
> (http://www.certcities.com/editorial/features/story.asp?EditorialsID=95).
>
> Today's RHCE will represent tomorrow's CTO.

Oahu is one of the few locations in the country with a local
Red Hat Academy at PCATT. Academies can currently teach and
administer tests for the RHCT and are on their way to providing
the RHCE and security related offerings.

In addition, HOSEF started the negotiations for Novell to offer
a Linux+ derivative to the DOE, catering to folks with no Linux
background. Novell did not have an Academy program that targetted
schools when we first talked to them. The first instructor's
class ran a month ago.

For those that just want solutions, I there is always that
consultant directory that is being setting up. :)

-Vince