[LUAU] on Linux training

Mark Thompson thompsond017 at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Feb 4 17:11:52 PST 2006

Local Training update: PCATT currently lists in their Dec-Feb class guide,
two classes that are meant to lead to the RHCE certification. The classes
are:
Red Hat Linux Network Applications (RHA 230)	$995.00	Feb-April
Red Hat Linux Security Administration (RHA 250) $995.00	May-Jul
Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) Certification Lab Exam	$449.00
July 14

PCATT is also making the above available as a bundle for $2149.
In comparison to the prices that I have seen for classes through Red Hat,
the above prices seem generous to me. To take the RHCE lab exam, PCATT only
requires that one class be taken as a minimum.

Usually I am a quiet lurker on the list, but this time I do have something
to say besides the above. The Red Hat classes listed above only require a
minimum of four people. As of a week ago, I and four others were signed up
for the Net Apps class. On Friday I received a call from PCATT stating that
the class was cancelled/postponed because two people had dropped out.
SO, I am making a request/plea that if anyone may have some interest in this
type of thing, now would be a really nice time to show it and help get this
class going.

I admit that I have been disappointed at how little response PCATT seems to
bet getting with these classes. I know this is short notice, but the people
at PCATT indicated they would run the class once they have the min of four.
Check it out for yourself, http://paw.pcatt.org/pcatt/index.html.

Thanks,

Mark Thompson