[LUAU] s/hosef.ics.hawaii.edu/mirrors.hosef.org/g

Nakashima pnakashi at k12.hi.us
Sun Dec 17 11:49:19 PST 2006

On Saturday, December 16, 2006, at 05:57  PM, Julian Yap wrote:

> As of 2005, Hawaii has an estimated population of 1,275,194.
>  - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Hawaii
>
> We're far too small to have this kind bickering and infighting.  I
> personally came to this island a bit over a year ago because when I had
> visited here previously, I liked the sense of community.

Good for you Julian  :-)
Over the years, I've witnessed exceptional acts of generosity,
cooperation and community within HOSEF and LUAU. However, the level of
bickering has surprised me. Being an educator, not a geek (in the
positive sense), my rose-colored expectations lead me to believe there
would be a greater sense of community. I hope HOSEF and LUAU can evolve
into a strong, positive force for change. The kind of change that will
have a local effect for the little ones who pass through my computer
lab year after year. Many of them would benefit from a strong local
FOSS community. HOSEF and LUAU have enormous potential. I feel
privileged to be a tiny tiny part of it.
--Peter