[LUAU] s/hosef.ics.hawaii.edu/mirrors.hosef.org/g

Jim Thompson jim at netgate.com
Sun Dec 17 05:51:22 PST 2006

On Dec 16, 2006, at 5:57 PM, Julian Yap wrote:

> On Sat, 2006-12-16 at 16:30 -1000, Hawaii Linux Institute wrote:
>> Jim Thompson wrote:
>>> LUAU is HOSEF.  HOSEF is LUAU.
>>>
>> Who said so?
>
> As of 2005, Hawaii has an estimated population of 1,275,194.
>  - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Hawaii
>
> We're far too small to have this kind bickering and infighting.  I
> personally came to this island a bit over a year ago because when I
> had
> visited here previously, I liked the sense of community.
>
> I really don't get the whole HOSEF vs. LUAU thing.

There is no HOSEF vs. LUAU thing.

HOSEF is LUAU.  LUAU is HOSEF.

There is no ownership.   Free Software teaches this.

There is no I. There is no other.  There is only 'we' or nothing.

Know your user, know yourself.

> What is the actual 'issue'?

some people want a place to hang and drink coffee, tea or beer while
playing with linux.
some people want to make the world a better place (installing labs,
keeping ewaste out of the dump, etc)
some want to look for a job
some are trying to avoid a job
sometimes these are the same people.
sometimes these are different people.

> What would it take to have this issue 'go away'?

zero ego.  the selfless self.

> I'd rather see us pool our talents and efforts together moving
> forward.

Then we are.