[LUAU] Community Asterisk Build.....Finally!

Ronald L Fox rfox at dlslab.com
Thu Aug 24 18:19:52 PDT 2006

Matt,

CCing the list on this as well.

Sorry to hear that no one else has expressed interest openly.  I'm still game to attend and bring whatever networking equipment and my 2 SPA-3000 boxes for people to use.  Do you know if any analog phone lines are available in that room?  You mentioned 10Mb/sec Ethernet, that should work great as long as it isn't blocking the necessary UDP packets for SIP or IAX.  I'll plan to bring a Clearwire WiMAX modem just in case,  should work fine as long as there is a window in the room.

If anyone is interested in joining this group on Friday, please respond here on the LUAU list ASAP.  Even if you aren't planning to bring a PC to have Asterisk installed, it should be a fascinating evening with loads of potential applications for the hobbyist/home user and IT and Telephony professionals alike.

To get a sense of what Asterisk can do for you, go to http://www.asterisk.org or
http://www.trixbox.org.

Regards,
Ron

Ronald L Fox                      E-mail: rfox at dlslab.com
Sr. Software Engineer             Phone:  (808) 589-5172
Diagnostic Laboratory Services
Honolulu, Hawaii