[LUAU] Community Asterisk Build.....Finally!

Matt Darnell mattdarnell at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 20:15:39 PDT 2006

On 8/24/06, Ronald L Fox <rfox at dlslab.com> wrote:
> Matt,
>
> CCing the list on this as well.
>
> Sorry to hear that no one else has expressed interest openly.

I am surprised, seemed like there was a lot of interest after the mythTV build.

>I'm still game to attend and bring whatever networking equipment and
my 2 SPA-3000 >boxes for people to use.  Do you know if any analog
phone lines are available in that >room?  You mentioned 10Mb/sec
Ethernet, that should work great as long as it isn't >blocking the
necessary UDP packets for SIP or IAX.  I'll plan to bring a Clearwire
WiMAX >modem just in case,  should work fine as long as there is a
window in the room.

We will be able to hand out multiple public IP's if people need them.
I will have a SIP friendly router.

> If anyone is interested in joining this group on Friday, please respond here on the LUAU
>list ASAP.  Even if you aren't planning to bring a PC to have
Asterisk installed, it should be >a fascinating evening with loads of
potential applications for the hobbyist/home user and IT >and
Telephony professionals alike.

We will wait until Friday AM to see if we want to cancel & try
something else.  We were thinking of a router/firewall box next.
Something like this:
http://www.ex-parrot.com/%7Epete/upside-down-ternet.html would be
cool!

-Matt