[LUAU] Re: LUAU Digest, Vol 21, Issue 9

2020 2020 josh_0b11111010101 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 11 00:26:10 PST 2005

>I'm pretty versed in Python, Plone and Zope.
> Python's pretty easy to learn but you won't find
> courses which teach it. Courses don't tend to teach
> dynamic scripting languages exclusively. They tend
> stick to the safety languages of C++, Java, etc...
> I'd recommend learning Python or Ruby. I wouldn't
> recommend learning Plone or Zope. There's a big
> learning curve and it's terribly "unpythonic". It's
> very large framework. Zope3 will hopefully change
> this but the latest Plone v2.1 is built on Zope2.

Is Plone that difficult?  I am working with "The
Definitive Guide to Plone".  Not in the advanced
stages yet though.

> using online resources or books. I'd recommend a
> lighter weight framework. Namely for Python:
> TurboGears, Django, etc... For Ruby: Rails You could

> also learn PHP, Perl, etc... Again, these you can
> largely teach yourself.

I didn't know about TurboGears and Django but I'm
looking them up right now.  I was learning Perl for a
while.  I have used some PHP-based CMS but I am
learning Python and thought I would try to go that
route.  Plone/Zope has a lot of books written about it
and seems like it doesn't have many limitations.  I
figured that the large number of published books about
it was a good sign...