[LUAU] MythTV on Fedora

Eric Hattemer hattenator at imapmail.org
Mon May 30 15:24:46 PDT 2005

Hawaii Linux Institute wrote:

> Anyway, I am only interested in the most rudimentary part of MythTV
> (or any other similar package) that will allow me to, as a first step,
> watch TV or rental DVD movies via a coaxial-to-USB converter, from a
> Linux machine.  Wayne

Watching TV is much easier through tvtime or xawtv, which are easier to
get up and running than MythTV.  MythTV gives full PVR functionality,
which is much better.  There's really no need to install MythTV via
rpms.  It'll install onto just about any linux platform (or OSX); just
follow http://www.mythtv.org/modules.php?name=MythInstall .  I installed
several different versions over the years and its really not too hard.
I'm not in Hawaii anymore, though.  Its not testing by any means.  Its
very stable and works fine.  You can use one of the point versions, or
you can use the CVS version.  Both work well.  The CVS is not unstable,
but it does develop rapidly.

-Eric Hattemer