[LUAU] MythTV on Fedora

Hawaii Linux Institute wp at HawaiiLinux.us
Mon May 30 12:38:02 PDT 2005

The McKinley demo machine is a fairly powerful Athlon64 3000 machine
with 1 Gig DDR.  I am Bcc'ing this reply to you and it should also
include my e-mail address for your to send your xorg.conf file etc.
Thanks for the help.  Wayne

jonr wrote:

> The one thing I forgot to mention was the horsepower needed. I am
> using a PIII 733 with 384MB of RAM and am able to record and watch a
> recording at the same time while mythcommflag(flagging commercials) is
> running. This is probably the minimum. As for HDTV, I do not
> know...yet. I am still waiting on my Air2PC card. :) I have heard that
> you need at least a 2.8Ghz system. Another thing to consider is this,
> a Intel Pentium processor is better for this application than an AMD
> processor. Also, ATRPMS mythtv suite is compiled for Pentium procs.

> I am in Anchorage, Alaska. How about I send you my xorg.conf file and
> my lirc file. If you can find this remote: One4All URC-8811B00, then
> my lirc config file will work perfectly for you. I have gone through
> and captured the codes for this one and it works  great.

p.s. Freevo is another PVR project that is very nice but having used
both, I would say Myth is much better.