[LUAU] MythTV on Fedora

Hawaii Linux Institute wp at HawaiiLinux.us
Mon May 30 14:17:43 PDT 2005

jonr wrote:

> As for HDTV, I do not know...yet. I am still waiting on my Air2PC
> card. :) I have heard that you need at least a 2.8Ghz system. Another
> thing to consider is this, a Intel Pentium processor is better for
> this application than an AMD processor. Also, ATRPMS mythtv suite is
> compiled for Pentium procs.
>
> Jon

One of the most recent trends in personal computing is to use dual-core
systems (e.g., Pentium D).  Intel has emphasized that the dual-core
system will greatly help moving PCs into the living rooms.  Since a
dual-core-enabled Longhorn is not expected to come out until 2007, this
may open a rare window of opportunity for Linux to finally move to the
masses (along with OO.o 2.0 and Linux based cell phones/PDAs).  This is
why I am interested in playing with MythTV on Fedora.  Just a
clarification.  Wayne