[LUAU] MythTV on Fedora

jonr jonr at destar.net
Mon May 30 11:59:56 PDT 2005

The one thing I forgot to mention was the horsepower needed. I am using
a PIII 733 with 384MB of RAM and am able to record and watch a recording
at the same time while mythcommflag(flagging commercials) is running.
This is probably the minimum. As for HDTV, I do not know...yet. I am
still waiting on my Air2PC card. :) I have heard that you need at least
a 2.8Ghz system. Another thing to consider is this, a Intel Pentium
processor is better for this application than an AMD processor. Also,
ATRPMS mythtv suite is compiled for Pentium procs.

Jon

p.s. Freevo is another PVR project that is very nice but having used
both, I would say Myth is much better.