[LUAU] interesting article on Mark Spencer/Digium

Ron Fox rfox at dlabs.com
Sat Jun 11 05:59:31 PDT 2005

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005, Tim Newsham wrote:
> Sometime earlier, Jim Thompson wrote:
> > showing.  :-)    Its nearly trivial to setup.   Does LUAU/HOSEF have
> > technical get-togethers with speakers?  (Or is that CyberPizza?  (And what
> > about those of us trying to cut down on carbs?))
> >
> > I brought my new linux-powered car PC to the Talk-Shop on Monday, but the
> > only other people who showed up were Scott and Ted, so we talked about the
> > DOE.
>
> This is the kind of get together I've been looking around for.  If
> there is one (or if someone wants to start one), let me know.  I havent
> had an opportunity to attend any of the hosef meetings yet (tis a
> shame, I think they do a great service to the community), but the
> few cyberpizzas I've gone to so far have been very high level
> and non-technical.  I'd definitely enjoy talking with people who've
> played around with iax and asterisk (I've done a little here, but
> not a lot) and who like to talk about coding, algorithms, and
> the gory details of the latest technologies.

Tim and any other local-to-Hawaii Linux enthusiasts,

HOSEF has its monthy Board Meeting on the 2nd Saturday of each month.  The
next one is tomorrow, Saturday, 11 June from Noon 'till whenever at the
Pizza Hut in Stadium Mall located at 4510 Salt Lake Blvd, Honolulu 96818.
If you don't know how to get there, look up this address on your favorite
mapping site (www.mapquest.com works for me).  The phone number at that
Pizza Hut is 486-2681.

The meetings are open to the public and we can put just about anything
HOSEF related on the agenda for discussion and action. Formation of such a
technical group in conjunction with or cooperating with HOSEF would be
appropriate, I think.

FWIW, I am personally interested in exploring Asterisk on Linux and IAX
trunking as a VOIP front-end to an Inter-Tel PBX.  Like you, I've played
around a little with it but would like to go beyond the playing stage.

As to the question about cutting down on carbs at a Pizza Hut meeting, I
have 2 suggestions: Salad bar and Diet Soda.

Hope to see some of you there tomorrow.

Regards,
Ron Fox