[LUAU] interesting article on Mark Spencer/Digium

Tim Newsham newsham at lava.net
Fri Jun 10 18:11:44 PDT 2005

> showing.  :-)    Its nearly trivial to setup.   Does LUAU/HOSEF have
> technical get-togethers with speakers?  (Or is that CyberPizza?  (And what
> about those of us trying to cut down on carbs?))
>
> I brought my new linux-powered car PC to the Talk-Shop on Monday, but the
> only other people who showed up were Scott and Ted, so we talked about the
> DOE.

This is the kind of get together I've been looking around for.  If
there is one (or if someone wants to start one), let me know.  I havent
had an opportunity to attend any of the hosef meetings yet (tis a
shame, I think they do a great service to the community), but the
few cyberpizzas I've gone to so far have been very high level
and non-technical.  I'd definitely enjoy talking with people who've
played around with iax and asterisk (I've done a little here, but
not a lot) and who like to talk about coding, algorithms, and
the gory details of the latest technologies.

> Some media think "PowerPC" is proprietary as well.   Its less proprietary
> than Intel's processors.
>
> Feel free to counter with the "but you can't run MacOS on open hardware"
> argument.

S'ok, they're all intel IA32 by this time next year.

> Jim

Tim Newsham
http://www.lava.net/~newsham/