[LUAU] Local Kids Build Linux server for Hahaione Elementary

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Tue Jul 26 23:56:17 PDT 2005

Aloha folks

I'd like to share some pictures with you from a recent and very
impressive Computer Guts session we did at the Boys and Girls Club in Ewa.

http://www.hosef.org/gallery/slideshow.php?set_albumName=childrenbuildserver

The average age of the children pictured is 12.5.  The server will be
installed at Hahaione Elementary on August 6th.  If you are interested
in witnessing the magic of what we can do with thin clients and a simple
server, this is a good time to see HOSEF work.

To be of use as a volunteer, and trust me, you can be used, you need to
join us at one of our workshops at McKinley at least once.  This way we
can show you what we do and you can see how and when you can fit in.
There is a place for everyone.

Our workshops and classes are always on our calendar.

http://www.hosef.org

Generally we have an eWaste refurbishing workshop from 10-12 and a Linux
Edutainment Learning Center workshop at 12.  More is in the works.

If you cannot make it to the install on the 6th, we'll be doing another
at Kailua Intermediate either the 13th or 20th.  Furthermore, Kaneohe
Elementary is in real need of a champion to help with some more donations.

--scott