[LUAU] What we are doing with eWaste and FOSS

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Wed Jul 27 00:06:03 PDT 2005

Pictures are worth the proverbial thousand words, and we have collected
some screenshots from all the software that is installed, for free, when
we set up a donated Gnu Linux Edutainment Learning Center.  The software
that we install on the server is called the K12LTSP, and it is based on
Fedora.  The version pictured is based on Fedora Core 4.  Note the
photos of Yum Extender.  This is a very impressive GUI for yum.

http://www.hosef.org/gallery/slideshow.php?set_albumName=freesoftware

If you have not looked recently, we have a collection of photos from
some of our installs

http://www.hosef.org/gallery/installations

In particular, the pictures of the delegates at PTC'05 using Linux and
thin clients, without knowing it, are priceless.

http://www.hosef.org/gallery/slideshow.php?set_albumName=PTC

Week by week, month by month, HOSEF is trying to push forward the
adoption curve of gnu/Linux and FOSS.  We have a lot of fun doing it,
and the reward of participating in projects you can link to above
outweigh any distressing human drama.  Join us and see.

--scott