[LUAU] Might I Be Hacked II

John S. Johnson jsj at amagata.com
Fri Jan 21 16:31:21 PST 2005

Well, I had run top and ps trying to find issues, but found nothing. I
went into my web logs to look through them and noticed that one or two
had grown rather large. So I gzipped them all and put them into a backup
folder. On a subsequent reboot of the system, the system is not coming
up. During the boot-up process, after the default system font is set,
the prompt for Interactive bootup comes up and then the screen blanks
out as if going into X windows. The X changes into an hourglass and
keeps turning and turning. It never seems to come up. I can't ping the
system, so I guess it isn't going into that part of the startup. And the
kicker-I have been working on this site and JUST got the last bit of it
up this morning and intended to back up everything now that it is
completed...ARGH!

--John