[LUAU] Meetings for beginners

Wayne Maeda surf.bump at verizon.net
Thu Jan 13 01:23:10 PST 2005

On Wednesday 12 January 2005 01:08 pm, Joseph Martel wrote:

> I have been trying to get information on a meeting somewhere for
> beginners. So far I want to avoid Samba. I am not interested in
> Networking with dozens of computers. I have two computers at present, (an
> ME and an XP) and I publish a monthly newsletter using Pagemaker and
> Photo Shop Elements. I use whatever spreadsheet program is available in
> the computer.
> Your e-mails have informed regularly regarding some high falutin names.
> Something about figuring a rocket to the moon. I am not interested. I am
> a beginner, like I was twenty years ago with PCs. A meeting somewhere of
> beginners? I keep getting routine answers, I just may hit a live person
> one of these days. I will keep on trying.
>  Joseph Martel.

I consider myself a beginner too, although I've been using Linux for around 2
years. I've been wondering if there are any others like me on this list (now
I know there is at least one other). This list seems to be primarily for
advanced users; people whose primary work IS computers/internet as opposed to
people who use their computers to do work outside of the computer & internet
fields.

I've been using the desktop publisher "Scribus" for a while now. It has really
progressed in a short period of time. I use it for all of my business forms,
newsletters, advertising, & other publications. Check it out at
http://scribus.net.

Wayne