[LUAU] Re: FIX FOR: Window manager missing under FreeBSD 5.3

webmaster at hawaiidakine.com webmaster at hawaiidakine.com
Sat Jan 8 12:38:19 PST 2005

webmaster at hawaiidakine.com wrote:
> Hi Gurus,
>
> I am trying out FreeBSD 5.3 on an box which seems to run fine except
> that the X does not load the screen for ( xfce ) the window manager I
> use on all my FreeBSD 4.x boxes.
>
> init files seem to be there, but I just get a black screen with a mouse
> arrow and a left click brings up a small window with selections
> including a way to quit.
>
> Anybody have this or a similar problem installing X windows on FreeBSD 5.3.
>
> Thanks for help.

Just to update on the xwindows error with XFCE and other window managers
in FreeBSD 5.3.

Thanks to Edd, a FreeBSD Guru, we have found the FIX:

The problem lies in the gdk-pixbuf port. Recently a fix has been comitted:

alternatively update the port. Far easier.

Hope this helps!

Edd
--
Al Plant -Webmaster http://hawaiidakine.com
Supporting Open Source in computing with FreeBSD 4.9 /5.3