[LUAU] Re: UH Manoa

Julian Yap julian_yap at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 29 20:01:37 PST 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-29 at 19:30 -0800, Josh wrote:
> I was disappointed that the UH web site student login
> pages only provided help instructions to Windows
> IE/Netscape and Mac Safari users...

Which browser do you use?

Netscape released their browser's source code as Open Source shortly
before it was bought by AOL.  The Open Source browser project became
known as Mozilla.

This was still the big bohemoth Netscape suite (still found as the
Mozilla suite).

Therefore to aid Open Source development, the browser was spun off to
Mozilla Firefox and the mail application is Mozilla Thunderbird.

So Netscape =~ Mozilla =~ Firefox

.. And there are more browsers built on Mozilla technology.

- Julian
http://julianyap.com