[LUAU] Zire 31 and Evolution

Tom Gordon memeyou at memeyou.net
Tue Apr 26 15:15:37 PDT 2005

Michael Bishop wrote:

>I'm currently using Evolution for my email, calendars, contacts and
>tasks. So far its been great, but I'd really like to be able to take it
>on the road. A laptop would be just too much to deal with, so I'm
>turning to a PDA. My research has lead my to the Zire 31, an entry-level
>color Palm-based PDA. I've tested one out and it seems to work well.
>
>My question is simply will I be able to sync Evolution and the Zire
>together? I need to be able to sync my tasks, calendars, contacts and
>some files. Is anyone on LUAU doing this? How well does it work?
>
>I googled around and spent many hours reading up. I can only guess that
>it will work because usually all I read about is the problems. Which is
>why I now turn to LUAU...
>
>Michael

Evolution and Kontact have supported palm for some time.  Kpilot is a
nice front-end for all the other kde-pim apps but kpilot also supports
evolution.  The top 3 results from
http://www.google.com/search?&q=palm+zire+evolution are all successful
attempts at using the Zire 31 w/ Evolution.  My personal prefference is
the KOPIE (KOrganizer/pi & w/ an Opie PDA).