[LUAU] OSS in Hawaii Government

Hawaii Linux Institute wp at HawaiiLinux.us
Sat Sep 11 10:49:01 PDT 2004

I've solved this pdf-printing problem, but if you have other options,
plse don't let me stop your investigations.

What I did was to create another printer and select a printer driver
that is compatible with both "the physical printer itself" and
"Ghostscript".  In this particular example, I selected HP 5P instead of
HP 2100.

(Ghostscript uses an Aladdin-type license, which means that its code is
not open nor free, until one year after it is distributed.  Thus, we may
expect the newer HP 2100 driver to be included in a future version of
Ghostscript.)

My apology to the federal IRS.  This appears to be an OSS problem (too
slow to update the printer driver) and not IRS' problem.  wayne