[LUAU] Linux Administration Tool for Educational Institutions

Karotu Tannang karotu.kangare at tskl.net.ki
Mon Nov 22 12:16:35 PST 2004

Hello Everybody,

I have just completed setting up a Local Area Network for an Educational Institute in Kiribati. Previously they used to use Windows NT as their Domain Server. Now, we have managed to install a Debian Server running Samba as their Domain without roaming profiles which runs smoothly.

The only problem now is that their Administrator requires a tool he could use to easily manage his clients/students in a way that one manages its clients on the NT Server.. i.e allocate times when to be allowed on the Network, which users are allowed on which terminals, control over policy (policy editor) e.g disabling features such as the 'Run' on the 'Start' button.

If there is such a tool, I think this would save this Linux Box since the Administrator really wants his NT Server back!

Thanks again..

Karotu Tannang
IT Support
Kangare Software Engineering