[LUAU] Fedora or Debian

Maddog maddog at heavymetalradio.net
Sun May 23 12:38:19 PDT 2004

I run both Debian as a mail server and a Fedora 1 box for an intranet/forums
at work. It took about 5 installs of Debian to get it right and I never did
get the gui working but that just forced me to do everything from the
command line and I must say, it rawks over the gui. Coming from the Windows
world it has made me realize how much more Windoze sux than I had thought
before.

Anyways, I think the last time I rebooted the Debian box was about 8 months
ago :-) rawk solid if you ask me. I had ro reboot the Fedora box when I
updated the kernel not too long ago.

I also use the Fedora box as a Samba Server and that works fairly well I
just need to do some more reading to get it integrated with AD on the
Windoze side.

As an aside, I had to reboot both Windoze servers twicw last week. I don't
care what Windoze enthsiasts say, you just can't beat Linux for stability
over the long haul. The two Linux servers I have reboot maybe every 3 months
on average, the Windoze boxes are rebooted once a week and more often than
not twice or three times.

I don't why I put all that in there cuz it really doesn't have anything to
do with your questions. In light of your reply I would say your best bet is
to go with Debian since the developers build and run that you will have much
fewer issues and much less headaches.

Just my $0.00002
MD