[LUAU] Fedora or Debian

Paul luau at cyber-addict.com
Sun May 23 12:35:38 PDT 2004

Good point.  One of the main reasons I looked at Debian as well is due
to how small you can get the installation.  I really wish Fedora had a
small footprint (50-100MB for minimal install).

One dist I recommend for devices running on flash is Pebble Linux
(http://www.nycwireless.net/pebble/).  It is based off of Debian.
Although it includes tools for wireless access points, you can remove
these easily.  It will install on a 64 MB flash card.  And the best
part is, it is setup to mount the flash read-only, thus extending the
life of your flash card by minimizing the writes to it for only config
changes when you remount it read/write.

Paul

Hosted by CyberAddict (http://www.cyberaddict.net)