[LUAU] Fedora or Debian

Richard mypop3mail at yahoo.com
Sun May 23 12:22:01 PDT 2004

Thanks Scott,

It is really a good analysis. The application I'd run
is mainly web server and php in the front and mysql on
the back. Also an IM type of server supports
potentially thousands concurrent users. The server
developer indicates that most of them use Debian. I
currently use Fedora 1. It doesn't have any problem
now. But I wonder if I should switch to Debian, just
to be in sync with those developers to avoid any
potential problems on support.

There are some discussions of cheap linux router on
this list recently. Soekris box is mentioned several
times. It seems the Debian installation on Soekris is
well documented. But there is little help on Fedora
installation. The standard miminum Fedora 1
installation is about 300M, too big for a flash card.

That's another reason to prompt me thinking about
moving to Debian.

Thanks,