[LUAU] FC1

Taylor Cody L. Contr 502 AOS/PETS Cody.Taylor at hickam.af.mil
Fri May 7 12:37:25 PDT 2004

Fedora Core 1 question.
During setup I tried to set my partitions like this.

hdc
	hdc1  >  M$-XP
	hdc2  >  /boot
	hdc3  >  /
hdc4
	hdc5  >  /home
	hdc6  >  swap

After install I downloaded the 2.4.26 kernel, re-compiled it, updated grub,
then rebooted.  I got a kernel panic.  After some troubleshooting I ran rdev
and discovered my root device was hdc5.  The df command shows / and /home as
being swapped.  When I say swapped I mean they are on the opposite
partitions that I thought I had chosen during setup.  The grub entry for the
original kernel shows root=/dev/hdc3.  But, it also has an entry for a .img
ramdisk.  Would the ramdisk entry in grub fix the wrong root= entry in grub
allowing / to be found?  Also, would fedora prefer to have / on hdc5 because
XP is on hdc1?

I did not make a ramdisk, I just changed root=/dev/hdc3 to root=/dev/hdc5
and grub found my / partition and everything went smoothly.
Any info will be appreciated.  Thanks.  -Cody