[luau] Be on the lookout for Stolen laptops

R. Scott Belford scott at belford.net
Thu Mar 11 10:35:01 PST 2004

Hawaii Linux Institute wrote:

> But a more effective way is to give our police more equitable pay, as
> well as more budget for ice education/rehabilitation. Of course, using
> our prescious police resources to SWAT a 76-old lady who unknowingly
> uses a $10 counterfeit bill does not help the situation.

No kidding.  It also doesn't help that we have them directing traffic at
any construction site instead of using construction crews like they do
on the mainland.  Perhaps they do this off-hours for extra pay, but if
they are directing traffic while on County pay and while benefitting a
construction company, then it is no wonder that a trunk in Ala Moana is
an easy daylight target.

--scott